Happy Labor Day! We’re not resting this Labor Day – we’re actually working hard to deliver some amazing upgrades to our vacation rental management software.
This coming Tuesday, we’re releasing a number of improvements, which we wanted you to know about ahead of time. Read below to hear about some of the most requested enhancements in this upcoming release:
Sending Renter Quotes
- You can now generate and send multiple quotes to the renter at once. Send renters a few quotes with varying properties, dates, packages, etc!
- We’ve added more settings on each quote you send, including a quote expiration date and the ability to turn on/off online bookings and/or payments for each quote you send.
- You now have the option to “hold” or “block” dates for a quote you send the renter, and you can set an expiration on when the hold expires.
- We have greatly improved our quote UI – with an improved quote builder, a new “quote detail page” and a list view of all quotes for a prospective renter in one place (when they were sent, by which reservations agent, and more)
- You can now create and save a quote – without sending it to the renter.
- We’ve added a helpful “Quote ID’s” for internal or external reference (or to look them up more easily)
- You can now copy a quote, and you can send another quote without starting over from scratch
- We’ve included a quicklink to the renter’s booking page for each quote you send, so you can easily re-send to the prospective renter, or click it yourself to see what the renter sees
- You can now cancel one or all outstanding quotes sent to a renter, and you can revive previously canceled quotes so they’re valid and bookable again.
- It’s now as easy as a click to resend a quote to a renter.
Have more improvements that you’d like to see to Quotes? Share any feedback you have here.
The MyVR Inbox
- We are adding feedback to let you know whether or not the renter has received or opened each message you send!
- We are adding the ability to save a message as a draft so that you can come back to finish it later.
- You can now add cc’s on your MyVR messages and modify the subject line of your message.
- Now you can attach any previous quotes to your message, along with the most current (as we’ve always allowed).
While these Inbox changes are small, we have a ton more coming over the next two months. Send any feedback you have now here.
- We have vastly improved the Reservations UI – it’s easier to review a reservation and take action on it
- Do you have optional add-ons that the renter can select but are not required? You can know have select certain booking fees as optional to that the renter can select or deselect them at the time of booking.
- You can now take an online booking even if you take offline payments
- You can now turn on or off automatic credit card charges on future scheduled payments
- We’ve added a helpful “Reservation ID’s” for internal or external reference (or to look them up more easily)
- We now better display the proof of the online legal agreement you have with the renter
- We now send the renter a confirmation email for the online booking, including the contract agreed to, as further evidence of the renter’s consent to terms.
- We now have “Reservation Notes” with the ability to “pin” a note, which will pop important messages about the renter or the reservation for anyone who views the reservation
- We have improved our booking “confirmation page” so that the renter can bookmark it and view it at any time in the future for a receipt of their transaction.
We have more Reservations improvements coming next month, including new refund / cancellation options and more flexible payments schedule creation. We’ll also be adding the much-requested ability to create default settings for online bookings, so that you can better customize the terms and payment schedules for inbound bookings on your website or marketing channels. Have more you’d like to see in our Reservations module? Share any feedback you have here.
The MyVR Calendar
- We have created new calendar “views” to simplify your life – you can now view all events, or just the events impacting availability.
- You can now initiate a reservations by clicking and dragging on the calendar dates.
- We have added new calendar event popovers – quickly and easily see the details of a calendar event when you hover over it.
- Improved overlapping calendar event detection – we have added helpful warnings about overlapping blocking and non-blocking events on the inquiry and reservation detail views.