Hey everyone! We sent out an email to customers last week on some amazing new features, so I thought I’d post on the blog to share with our other followers.
Here’s the email:
Just a quick note to let you know about some REALLY powerful stuff we released last week. Possibly the best improvements to our product that we’ve released to date.
MyVR is quickly becoming the most powerful reservation software in the vacation rental industry, allowing you to automate your operations and make fewer errors (like expensive double bookings or lost payments).
As you may recall, we had already invested significantly in our reservations software, with pretty major improvements launching earlier this year in July andSeptember. Last week’s is even more powerful. Watch Markus’ short video on our latest improvement, Booking Policies, and you’ll see why that’s the case!
With last week’s release, we created a way for you to set up a default** Booking Policy**, which represents the way you typically like to configure bookings. A Booking Policy can be applied to instant bookings from your website or integrated channels, and can also be used as the ‘starting point’ for any manual quotes you send, so that you don’t need to configure each one individually (you can still modify any quote from your default settings before sending).
A Booking Policy will define things such as:
- the refund/cancellation policy you typically use (now with the ability to custom build your own!)
- the payment schedule you typically use (now with the ability to custom build your own!)
- whether or not to allow the renter to agree to terms online, and if so, which contract to use
- whether or not to accept online payments, and if so, which merchant account to use
- whether or not you want to automatically process future payments on their due date, or have the renter send them manually
- the quote expiration period applied to each quote, if any
- whether to automatically accept instant bookings, or hold them for manual review and approval
- whether or not to block off the dates when you get an instant booking request
- whether or not to collect the renter’s mailing address during the booking process
- when to move a booking to a final ‘reserved state’ (e.g. contract signed, first payment made, payment made in full)
- and much more!!
Everything you set up in a Booking Policy becomes your default. You can set up a Booking Policy to apply across many properties, and you can set up several Booking Policies and assign them to properties or property groups as you see fit.
Want to learn more? Please check out the following:
- Markus’s overview video on booking policies.
- Our new support tutorial on setting up booking policies.
- Our new support tutorial on setting up custom refund / cancellation policies.
- Our new support tutorial on setting up custom payment schedules.
Stay tuned for upgrades to our automated communications and a relaunching of our channel management in the coming weeks.
p.s. Send me your feedback after you’ve reviewed our latest release. What are we missing in our reservations product? Please use the “Suggestions” tab at the bottom of your screen when you are logged into your MyVR dashboard.
Subscribe to MyVR Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox