Happy summer from MyVR!
We can’t believe 2015 is already at its midpoint. It’s been a great year for MyVR thus far. We’ve made a ton of improvements to many areas of our platform, but we don’t always do the best job of sharing those updates. As the summer kicks into high gear, we thought it was a good time to pause and reflect on many of the enhancements we’ve made thus far in 2015.
We’ve added numerous new capabilities in 2015 to our already-robust Reservations module. These include:
- Low credit card rates – MyVR’S merchant processing rate for Visa and Mastercard are among the lowest in the industry! And, yes, any processing fees on refunded deposits are also refunded.
- Control over which cards you accept – MyVR gives merchant account holders the option to accept additional cards, like American Express and International cards. Accept payments from customers anywhere in the world!
- Online transactions with offline payments – Want to book renters with your online contract but take and manage payments offline? MyVR has you covered.
- Offline transactions – Manually enter transactions taken offline or otherwise outside the MyVR system and manage them all (with your online transactions) at MyVR.
- Phone transactions – Enter and process reservations and payment info taken over the phone.
- Accept payments for one-off fees – Charge a renter’s credit card for one-off items added during the rental (movie rentals, pool heat, etc) directly from your MyVR account.
- Redesigned renter booking flow – MyVR’s booking flow has been streamlined for easier renter checkout and higher conversions.
- Ability to set up multiple merchant accounts within MyVR account – For property managers needing to process payments differently for different properties, you can now set up multiple merchant accounts within MyVR!
- Automatically charge future payments – MyVR makes scheduling future payments easier by allowing renters who are booking to authorize that these payments be processed automatically on their due date without any further renter action needed.
In the coming weeks, MyVR will also be adding optional add-ons to your renter transactions, and we’re adding more flexibility in setting up your default reservation settings (including refund & cancellation policies for instant bookings). Please be sure to send us feedback on what would make our reservations product even better for you.
MyVR’s been a leader in vacation rental websites since our launch in 2011. We’ve made our websites even better in 2015 with several major new features:
- New website templates – We launched several new single-property and multi-property website templates entering this year – with mobile-friendly responsiveness design, better calls-to-action, more color themes, and drag-and-drop customization capabilities. Check them out!
- SEO settings and tools – MyVR provides robust options for you to fully perform your on-page search engine optimization, set up redirects, and more.
- Integrating blogs – Integrate a full-featured third-party blog (WordPress, Blogger, etc) with your MyVR website, or add a blog quickly and easily with MyVR’s own internal ‘blog lite’ tool.
- Additional blog features – You can add user commenting to your MyVR blog via our Disqus integration. You can also schedule future posts and import blog posts from a third party blog with MyVR’s blog importation tool.
- Local guides – Build your own custom map and tag all your recommended spots for renters. You can also integrate third-party recommendation tools like Thinglink.com or Google Custom Maps.
- Drop down menus – Use MyVR’s new drop-down menus if that top navigation bar on your website is getting a little crowded, or if you merely want to streamline site navigation.
- Property location settings – Take control over the information you share on your websites. Choose to show exact property locations and addresses, or maintain privacy by showing renters only the general area where a property exists.
- Custom amenities – Does your property have a unique amenity? Add your own custom amenities to your MyVR account so that you can include them on your website.
- Property groups – Use MyVR’s Property Group logic to organize your properties (by regions, lodging types, amenities, or more) so that you can better market them on your website!
We continue to iterate on our website builder and make it easier to build stunning, professional-looking websites to represent your brand. In the coming weeks, we’ll be launching Owner Portals – a new website type that allows property managers to let their owners login, view their calendar, block dates, and more. Please be sure to send us feedback on how we can improve our website builder even further.
Marketing Channel Management
Channel Management is relatively new to the vacation rental industry, and is getting better every year. New channels are accepting integration, and the functionality supported by channels continues to improve. MyVR has recently made several significant improvements to our Channel Management offering:
- HomeAway/VRBO/VacationRentals.com Integration – MyVR has been managing HomeAway listings since 2013 and we’ve recently just upgraded our integration to include support of Property Manager accounts at HomeAway. We’ve also added support for Online Bookings and Pay-Per-Booking and are currently in beta on this new PM integration with several property managers. We’ve also improved our integration for smaller mom-and-pop owners to improve the reliability and frequency of syncing and the accuracy and reliability of inquiry retrieval.
- FlipKey / TripAdvisor Integration – MyVR has also been managing FlipKey / TripAdvisor listings since 2012 and is in beta on an improved integration to better support larger Property Managers. We’re also in final testing on an improved integration for smaller mom-and-pop owners, which should greatly improve the performance and reliability for those customers!
- Email marketing integrations – automatically sync your inquiries and reservations to MailChimp or Constant Contact so you can start re-marketing and drive more bookings!