For many vacation rental owners, the major listing sites like HomeAway, VRBO, and FlipKey are essential to your business. It’s no doubt that these sites are generating inquiries for owners all over the world – attracting hundreds of thousands of travelers to their sites every month. But as more and more homes are being advertised there, it’s harder for individual vacation rental owners to make their homes stand out.
One thing you can do is place a link to your vacation rental website within your listing. This is your opportunity to showcase your brand – your home’s unique characteristics and personality. Your website should have tons of photos, detailed information on the local area, restaurant and activity recommendations, and upcoming events. Every listing has the same template, so your website should be unique, give you a professional presence, and help you convert more visitors into bookings!
Here’s how to get a link on HomeAway and VRBO:
You can add up to 4 links, but all are subject to review and they must be appropriate for family viewing. To add a URL link to your listing:
- Log into your HomeAway or VRBO account.
- If you have more than one listing, navigate to the appropriate listing.
- Click the “Edit Listing” link on the left side and open the “Links & Video” tab at the top.
- Scroll down and enter the URL of your website.
- Click “Save.”
- Wait for HomeAway to review and approve your listing.
- Your link will appear below the amenities and above your reviews on HomeAway.
- Your link will appear below your rates and above the map on VRBO.
Here’s how to get a link on FlipKey:
- Log into your account.
- Click on “Account” on the upper left hand side.
- Click on “Edit Profile” and enter the URL of your website.