Happy summer from MyVR!
We can’t believe 2015 is already at its midpoint. It’s been a great year for MyVR thus far. We’ve made a ton of improvements to many areas of our platform, but we don’t always do the best job of sharing those updates. As the summer kicks into high gear, we thought it was a good time to pause and reflect on many of the enhancements we’ve made thus far in 2015.
We’ve added numerous new capabilities in 2015 to our already-robust Reservations module. These include:
- Low credit card rates – MyVR’S merchant processing rate for Visa and Mastercard is only 1.85% + $0.30 per transaction! And, yes, any processing fees on refunded deposits are also refunded.
- Control over which cards you accept – MyVR gives merchant account holders the option to accept additional cards, like American Express and International cards. Accept payments from customers anywhere in the world!
- Online transactions with offline payments – Want to book renters with your online contract but take and manage payments offline? MyVR has you covered.
- Offline transactions – Manually enter transactions taken offline or otherwise outside the MyVR system and manage them all (with your online transactions) at MyVR.
- Phone transactions – Enter and process reservations and payment info taken over the phone.
- Accept payments for one-off fees – Charge a renter’s credit card for one-off items added during the rental (movie rentals, pool heat, etc) directly from your MyVR account.
- Redesigned renter booking flow – MyVR’s booking flow has been streamlined for easier renter checkout and higher conversions.
- Ability to set up multiple merchant accounts within MyVR account – For property managers needing to process payments differently for different properties, you can now set up multiple merchant accounts within MyVR!
- Automatically charge future payments – MyVR makes scheduling future payments easier by allowing renters who are booking to authorize that these payments be processed automatically on their due date without any further renter action needed.
In the coming weeks, MyVR will also be adding optional add-ons to your renter transactions, and we’re adding more flexibility in setting up your default reservation settings (including refund & cancellation policies for instant bookings). Please be sure to send us feedback on what would make our reservations product even better for you.